Do you live in Jersey City, Bayonne, Hoboken, Harrison, Guttenberg, North Bergen, Union City, Secaucus, East Newark, West New York, or Kearny and are looking for a job? From job training and career coaching to general resume help and job-search assistance, WomenRising's Workforce Development program goal is to make sure you leave our office with the tools necessary to get a job. Join us today to make a positive change in your life!
Career Development Programs
1. Community Partnership in Hotel Employment
The "CPHE" Program trains for employment and careers in the hospitality industry. A part of WomenRising’s commitment to help women gain economic independence, CPHE provides a trained local workforce for the growing hospitality industry in Hudson County.
- 15 week training cycle and supervised internships in partnership with the Culinary Arts Program at Hudson County Community College
- Industry/related training
- Referral & job placement assistance
- Advocacy and liaison with employers
- Job coaching
- Job Club/ Alumnae Club
2. Strong Foundations
Strong Foundations assists women to move toward self-sufficiency by equipping them with knowledge, resources and workplace skills. Participants receive assessments, training and linkages to job skills and education, and develop solutions to health and childcare and other issues that can impede success in a work environment.
- Vocational and educational assessments
- Individual short-and long-term employ-ability plans
- Supervised work experience
- Case management and coaching
- Individual counseling and instruction
- Referral and job placement assistance
3. Transportation, Logistics and Distribution (TLD)
This 4 week program prepares students for a career in the TLD industry. Students who successfully complete the program and pass the certification tests will receive a Forklift Operator certification and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) 10 certification.
- Job Readiness and Life Skills Training
- Fundamentals of Logistics
- Forklift Operator Safety
- Shipping and Receiving
- Resume Coaching
- Job Fairs/ Emploer Outreach & Networking
- Job Placement
To sign up for any of our training programs, please fill out the information form here
Looking for a job? Stop by our Job Bank today
270 Fairmount Avenue Jersey City, NJ
Our Job Bank provides employment services to community residents. The Center also serves as a clearinghouse for information, events, and community services.
- Employment Prep Workshops
- Recruitment Events
- Computer Training Courses
- Job Search Assistance
- Community Resource Referrals
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, from 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Open Position: Click here to learn more about ABM's full-time temporary office cleaning positions available in New York City this summer!
To sign up for any of the services at the Job Bank, please fill out the information form here