When women are successful, their families benefit and so do neighborhoods and communities.
What We Have Accomplished in 2014:
Your contributions have helped WomenRising expand our services and reach more women than in previous years.
- Safe pace to live for 104 women and children
- Counseling to 1,278 women and children
- Jobs and internship placement for 112 individuals
- Responses to 299 victims of domestic violence by trained volunteers - Domestic Violence Response Team
- Continued assistance to 1,289 former clients
- Immediate assistance for 629 walk-in clients and 3,995 call-in clients
- Financial, occupational skills and job training for 3,553 women
Help Us to Support
Our Success Stories
"We Are Free"
Desperation takes many forms and its grip can disorient the afflicted. Mary was in such a situation. The mother of four children, she was in an abusive relationship. Her husband beat her with his fists and words. Mary took her children and went to live with relatives, only to be threatened by her husband with the charge of abandonment and kidnapping. More...
Photos by Marina Morrow