Helping Families in Need
For over 100 years, WomenRising has been helping women and their families. Our clients are in need - in need of jobs, safety from domestic violence, freedom from substance abuse, safe homes for children.
WomenRising meets these needs by providing supportive counseling, crisis intervention, workforce development and job placement, shelter for victims of domestic violence, outreach, advocacy, and referrals.
For families in need, we provide the ingredients for change.
What We Have Accomplished in 2015
Your contributions have helped WomenRising expand our services and reach more women than in previous years.
- Safe place to live for 308 women and children
- Counseling to 1,183 women and children
- Jobs and internship placement for 75 individuals
- Responses to 335 victims of domestic violence by trained volunteers - Domestic Violence Response Team
- Continued assistance to 1,086 former clients
- Immediate assistance for 614 walk-in clients and 2,387 call-in clients
- Financial, occupational skills and job training for 3,000 women