When women are successful, their families benefit and so do neighborhoods and communities.
What We Have Accomplished in 2015:
Your contributions have helped WomenRising expand our services and reach more women than in previous years.
- Safe place to live for 308 women and children
- Counseling to 1,183 women and children
- Jobs and internship placement for 75 individuals
- Responses to 335 victims of domestic violence by trained volunteers - Domestic Violence Response Team
- Continued assistance to 1,086 former clients
- Immediate assistance for 614 walk-in clients and 2,387 call-in clients
- Financial, occupational skills and job training for 3,000 women
Stay in the Loop
Our Success Stories
"We Are Free"
Desperation takes many forms and its grip can disorient the afflicted. Mary was in such a situation. The mother of four children, she was in an abusive relationship. Her husband beat her with his fists and words. Mary took her children and went to live with relatives, only to be threatened by her husband with the charge of abandonment and kidnapping. More...
Photos by Marina Morrow