What We Have Accomplished in 2014:
Your contributions have helped WomenRising expand our services and reach more women than in previous years.
Thus far in 2014 we have provided:
- Safe place to live for 156 women and children
- Counseling to 1,440 women and children
- Job and internship placement for 112 individuals
- Responses to 300 victims of domestic violence by trained volunteers - Domestic Violence Response Team
- Continued assistance to 1,348 former clients
- Immediate assistance for 626 walk in clients and 4,030 call-in clients
- Financial, occupational skills and job training for 3,916 women
Our Video - About Us
Our Success Stories
"We Are Free"
Desperation takes many forms and its grip can disorient the afflicted. Mary was in such a situation. The mother of four children, she was in an abusive relationship. Her husband beat her with his fists and words. Mary took her children and went to live with relatives, only to be threatened by her husband with the charge of abandonment and kidnapping. More...
Photos by Marina Morrow